Le Camp Bouchard
On a peu de choses sur le Camp Bouchard sur Internet.
No. 34 Canadian Forces Ammunition Depot / Camp Bouchard
Opened in August 1941 at St Therese, near Montreal, by Defence Industries Limited, a subsiduary of Canadian Industries Limited, to make munitions on behalf of the Canadian Government. Officially known as Allied War Supplies Corporation Project 21, the camp was one of DIL’s premier shell-fitting centres. The complex consisted of 343 buildings over 6000 acres, including offices, shops dormatories, a hospital, assembly lines, a fire hall, a community centre and a power house, all supported by rail lines to transport raw and finished material. Production ceased in 1945 with peace on the horizon.
In 1946, the centre was taken over by the Department of National Defence and turned over to the Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps (RCOC), beoming No. 4 Ordnance Ammunition Depot. A year later, the depot was re-designated No…
View original post 270 mots de plus